Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baby Exit....Toddler Entrance


Our little girl is turning one! It's hard to believe it. Last year on this day, I was fussing around the house, cleaning out cupboards, straightening shelves and passing by the empty nursery in great anticipation. Now, my almost 1-year-old is sleeping soundly in her crib and I've been struck with a pot full of emotions. How on earth did that year pass by so quickly? Where did the time REALLY go? I'm so thankful for my hard working husband and the choice that I have to stay home with Kaylee. These are precious times and I'm soaking up each one of them. More pictures to come, I just felt a little sappy this morning.

6 comments:

Ash said...

i know the feeling! it's already been 8 months since alex was born and i just can't believe it! i tell him everyday to stop that growing but he doesn't listen.

The First Lady said...

What a blessing to get to see the fruit of your labor (truly) for a whole year! Enjoy each and every single precious moment you have with her.

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Happy Birthday, little one!!

I know that for you and Nick it must have been a very sweet day yesterday. She is beautiful, JM!

xoxo, Veronica in CA

debby said...

JM, I am so bummed I had to miss Kaylee's party yesterday. But Krista and I were still a little sick, and I'm sure you wouldn't have appreciated Krista coughing all over your guests (not to mention Kaylee!). I really, really do want to see you, and soon! Hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday. Miss you!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to a sweet little princess ! I know the first year goes by so fast, I'd love to tell you it slows down from here but. . . lots of hugs, kisses and cuddles. Honestly it just keeps getting better.

debby said...

I'm ready for another post, please. Missin' you!