Friday, July 11, 2008

Blessed

The past two days have been a little more tough than usual. My Dad, Smom and the kids went back to NY on Wednesday and Kaylee is either going through a growth spurt or missing them as much as I do. The result of a week long vacation/visit with family is a sweet baby girl that does not want to sleep...at all. She'd rather cry...and cry...and cry...and cry just a little bit more. Short of choosing baby Benadryl to calm her down, I submitted to the swing. And now I'm blessed with this beautiful sleeping baby to my right while the "Praise Baby collection" plays softly on the computer. God bless the people who thought of turning regular worship songs into lullabies and God bless my parents who bought the whole pack of them for us! Anyway, as she sleeps soundly in her swing I had a moment to rejoice in the things that God has blessed me with.

It immediately brought me to last night at Bible Study. Our home was filled with the usual people who make it our "home" and Nick was teaching on Mark 9:30-32. He asked each of us to look at the way we respond to situations that prove to be challenging. As we did that, I couldn't help but see that the Holy Spirit had taken over and now, my husband had willingly allowed the Spirit to use him to speak to our group. By the end of the night, I couldn't help but thank the Lord for all He has given our family. Oh, what a proud wife I was, to see my husband using his gifts as a teacher to help others draw closer to God. ~sigh~

So today, as I am more exhausted, more frusterated and more confused on how to make Kaylee's world more comfortable, at least I can rest in the confidence I have that I am truly blessed!

Thank you, Lord for...

*A husband who seeks You in all he does and who responds to the Spirit's call in his life.



*A beautiful & healthy baby girl who continues to grow everyday!























*A family who supports us in everything we do.


















*A group of friends who are more than just good friends...they really are family.


















With time to reflect on things that I am thankful for, how could I not share it?




1 comment:

Unknown said...

so true! praise be to God for all His wisdom and blessings. Love you ~