Saturday, July 19, 2008

Me Oh My! Milestones!

Kaylee is 8-weeks old and developing more and more everyday. She has been cooing all week and as of yesterday, I can confidently say that we've seen her first "social smile." When laying on her mat for playtime, I get really close to her face and the conversation goes a little bit like this:

"Kaylee, can you say Daaaaddddeeee?"

~Kaylee opens her mouth, moves her tongue around~ (warming up!)

"Kaylee, say Daaaaaddddeeee!" (Good thing nobody can see or hear me doing this! I feel silly!)

~Kaylee "coos" back~ (success!)

Now, just like any Grandma will say that the gas smile was a real smile, I say that the coo in response to me talking to her is Kaylee actually trying to say Daddy! Don't burst my bubble, I really believe she's talking back! :-)

As for smiling, it's still pretty random. But when Nick speaks to Kaylee, that's when the smiles come out the most. I don't know for sure, but it looks like we are experiencing the beginning of a very beautiful Daddy/Daughter relationship. She is SUCH a Daddy's girl already! ~sigh~ I think she actually gets that from her Mommy.

We don't have pictures or video of this yet, but I'll try to get some up soon.

1 comment:

debby said...

I'll believe it when I see the video!