Friday, October 10, 2008

DOC Bands?

Well, I'm here to let you know Kaylee is still tall and skinny! We had her 4 month check up on Monday and everything is going great. She is a whopping 11.8 pounds (1.8lbs in two months) and 25 1/4 inches tall! Dr. Sanford told us that she should be ready for her modeling career soon. On a different note, we also got the reccomendation to go get her head shape evaluated at a place called Cranial Tech, Inc. It seems that because of the torticollis (her head always looking left), she has developed a flat head on the left side. It would be purely cosmetic at this point to get a DOC Band aka Baby Helmet IF it were just her head. Unfortunately, her face is not symetrical either. This means that the flat head is a little more serious than cosmetic. So...next Thursday we are going to get her evaluated and possibly fitted for a cute little helmet. :-/

I (JM) have mixed emotions. Obviously, we are going to do what's best for Kaylee and I would much rather deal with her in a helmet now than resenting me at 16 when she finds out we could have fixed it. It's just hard to...well...it's just hard. So please pray for our appointment on Thursday. That the severity of her head shape is not too bad and that we would only have to have her wear a helmet (if at all) for 2 months vs. 6-9 months. And for me, just pray that God would continue to work on me as a Mommy, and that the sneaky fleshly vanity that I have for Kaylee would be eliminated.


Most recent shot of our little angel...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

one of my favorites :) she is already such a little model. she handled that photo shoot like a pro. as for the helmet.....you already know what I think :)

debby said...

Oh, JM, I know you must be struggling with this. First, I hope you know it's normal to feel those feelings. Any mother would have those same feelings. Anyone who says otherwise is lying! I will be praying for you guys. God's going to give you the strength and wisdom to handle whatever you need to handle.

Oh, and I LOVE the photo!

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

What a beautiful little girl!! I found your blog from an email from my brother in law, Chris.

Jean-Marie,
I will pray for you, and your sweet girl, and that the Lord have his hand all over this one. I can only imagine what you are going through, and what Debby said is true, any mommy would feel the same, but I admire that you see it for what it is and you are doing the right thing! What a great mommy you are!!!!

God bless the Grewe's...
Veronica

Natalie said...

Hi Grewe Family,
it's Natalie, I'm Chris's other sister in law, I too got your blog site from Chris's email.
We'll keep you all in prayer, sometimes the decisions we have to make as parents aren't always quick or easy. She's a beautiful little girl.

Natalie

Anonymous said...

Nick and Jean-Marie this is Chris's mom. Your daughter is a beautiful angel and a gift from God. She was put in your hands for a reason and you are handling the situation as any parent would. As a parent who has had to put many struggles in the Lord's hands, I can tell you that he will give you the strength to handle this.
God Bless you all.
Kathy