Thursday, January 29, 2009

On top of the world....

So my dad (AKA Poppy) is supposed to be sending me pictures of Christmas so that I can post about it. I figured if I "outed" him here, maybe I'd get them sooner. But while I was trying to upload pictures for a new post titled "Feeding Time at the Zoo" (coming soon...) I came across what I didn't know existed! Christmas pictures! Only 12 of them, but enough to get by. Then I got distracted. As I looked at a picture of Kaylee on her Poppy's shoulders for the first time, I couldn't help but remember that feeling. It's funny, that even as a grown woman, the feeling of sitting on top of my Daddy's shoulders will never fade. It's an "I am on top of the world and nothing can get me down!" type of feeling. (Yes, even at such a young age.) Back to the photo...as I sat there staring at it, I remembered that I have a similar picture from when I was a little bit older than Kaylee-but still on his shoulders. I was going to caption the photo so that readers could know "who's who"...but then I looked at the pictures again and laughed. If you can't figure it out...well, you need some help. :-)

SO....in honor of my Daddy, Kaylee's Poppy and a lack of Christmas photos on this blog...please allow me to introduce you to the best place a kid could ever be! On top of the world!


3 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

This is a totally CUTE post! Poppy must be so proud to have 2 lovely's like you and Kaylee as his girls.

xoxo, Veronica

Natalie said...

I love it, how cute, that'd be a great Father's Day gift. We have to get the girls together soon so we can get a picture.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!