Friday, January 23, 2009

No More Helmet!

Here she is!

The girl with the round head and symmetrical ears! We went to Cranial Tech on Wednesday to have her helmet removed. Pretty anti-climactic if you ask me. They simply asked us if we were happy with the results, then took it off (like we do everyday) and had some follow up pictures taken as well. Then they gave us a certificate and sent us on our way! No parade? No cheering? No praises for what we have been through?! Oh well. We got back in the car and drove home and continued life as normal.

Kaylee has adjusted to life without the helmet as well as she adjusted to life with it in the beginning. A little bit of restless napping while she figured out that she could no longer push the top of her head up against her crib while arching her back without hurting herself. A few misses with rolling over and plopping her head down a little bit too hard. But here we are three days later and the kiddo is doing great!

Garyn came over today to spend some time with her and we had a little photo session. Now, if you have been a follower of this blog OR if you know anything about Kaylee, you know that she does NOT photograph well. No, I don't mean I think my kid is ugly. I mean that whenever a camera comes out, she gets VERY serious and stops whatever cute thing she was doing that caused us to pull out the camera in the first place. With 1,000,000 attempts, we are lucky if we can walk away with one good smile for the camera. Anyway, not so today! Kaylee was all smiles for her Auntie! Enjoy her new round head! And stand by...I'm working on my version of a "clinical display" of plagiocephaly for a blog post. Complete with mug shots and head'sicle's!


7 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Maybe no parade or cheers at the doctor's office, but lots of cheering over on this side!!!!

That has got to be one of the prettiest little heads I have ever laid eyes on. God is just soo good!

xoxo, Veronica

The Wristen Family said...

JM, She was beautiful before and now look at her wonderful round little perfect head. OH WoW! I am so proud of you Kaylee for having to wear that helmet. You have been such a trooper!
The Wristens are cheering for you for sure!!

Unknown said...

what a great day! :) I love that we spent about 20 min giving Kaylee the glimpse of what life as a celebrity would be like by being the paparazzi (sp?).

Hope these pictures make the album. those little gummy smiles are too much cuteness.

Love,
Auntie

debby said...

So cute! Well worth the time in the helmet, I'd say. I know this is a huge load off your minds. Congratulations! Can't wait to see her in person again. And when will that be?

Anonymous said...

What a Beauty!! I can not stop praising Kaylee, Mommy and Daddy for all your hard work :)I miss you guys and can’t wait to see you again .

Love,
Nana oxoxoxoxxo

Unknown said...

Hurray! One small helmet removal, one giant leap for the Grewes! Congratulations on regaining the beautiful head shape God designed!

Natalie said...

she's ao cute, and happy. What a personality. Maybe Gracen will get to meet her next time. I can't wait to see those two together